"Excuse me, but I mustache you a question"

Today Pat, Brutus, and I took some time to get into the Halloween spirit and carve our pumpkin!  Last Sunday, Pat and I stopped at the church down the street that was selling pumpkins.  After what seemed like forever of perusing hundreds of pumpkins we returned home with our pick of the litter. 
So, after narrowing down our carving options to frankenstein, a skeleton, or the incognito jack-o-lantern face, we went with the good ol' jack-o-lantern face.  Pat wasn't necessarily thrilled at first with our choice of getting the stencil onto the pumpkin.  He went right to work though.  We had to tape the stencil to the pumpkin and then make little marks in the pumpkin to actually transfer the image to the pumpkin.  Brutus was pretty interested with the entire operation.


In the end, the pumpkin looks pretty amazing!  Pat did a fantastic job!  I've name it, "Excuse me, but I mustache you a question".
As for the seeds, I've never really had pumpkin seeds before (of course Mom always made them, but I never actually ate them).  But today, I decided to try a few flavors and actually try them.  I made regular salted seeds, Italian flavored seeds, and cinnamon sugar seeds.  They all turned out pretty scrumptious if I do say so myself! 
With the cooler weather and getting a breather in our busy schedule to carve a pumpkin it's beginning to feel like fall around here.    <3

No comments:

Post a Comment