The Good, the Bad, and the Undecided

Well, it's official.  I'm getting old.  The big 2-7 was a week and a half ago.  It was a great day filled with surprises and a nice dinner out with the hubby.  The kids across the hall were pretty stealthy and filled my classroom door and surrounding wall with giant birthday cards.  It was incredibly sweet.  I came home after tutoring there were a dozen red roses and two bottles of wine on the table and Pat was dressed and ready to go get dinner at Gigi's where on Wednesdays they have 1/2 off bottles of wine!  Winning!  When we got home there was one more surprise...an ice cream cake from Coldstone!!



News came that Pat's third rotation was cancelled and rescheduled for internal medicine in the Keys.  I'm slightly jealous....ok, I'm beyond irked.  On top of that, we won't be decorating for the holidays which makes me as grumpy as him not being home for six weeks.  I always get "north-sick" around this time of the year and I love decorating but not this year. :( 

In other news, I've decided to drop out (I hate that choice of words) of the UF Teacher Leadership Master's Program and start my Master's degree in Educational Leadership at St. Leo's.  I'm looking forward to getting started and working my way up to administration (dad was always right!).


Finally, yesterday was the 7th anniversary of Pat and I meeting at the Ohio State at Purdue football game.  We had some fun picking on each other....until Purdue won....again.  He's quite the sore loser.  Regardless, we took some fun photos with the helmets from the wedding and another at half time.  You can tell who was up at halftime ;)



All in all, it's the same as always, crazy, busy, lots of unknowns and tons of things to do, both fun and not.  Here's to surviving the holiday season...solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment