A Little Pomp & Circumstance...

I spent last Thursday afternoon til Sunday morning in Buffalo for David's graduation.  What a whirlwind weekend! 

Thursday - After sitting next to who may have been the most adorable and interesting 70 year old woman I was pleasantly surprised to get picked up not only by Momma Beyer but David and Hannah as well.  After a quick stop at the Archer's where I was mauled by my second favorite pooch, Sarge, we headed to....CHEF'S!   Seriously, if I had the money I'd put one in St. Petersburg...specifically on the same road I live on.  Afterward, we headed out to Antoinette's.  I could barely touch my ice cream after dinner but decided taking home some sponge candy couldn't hurt....needless to say, I finished it before I got back on the plane.

  Friday - I had a riot Friday with the rents, Uncle Bob and Lannie, and the Archer's!  We traveled up to the Finger Lakes where we made it to 8 different vineyards.  I can't remember the name of most, but I know I bought a bottle from 6 of them!  They were each so adorable and quaint.  The wine was amazing and I can't wait to pick up my bottles in July (I couldn't take them on the plane so mom and dad drove them back home with them).  The great end to the night was some of Aunt Jan's famous taco salad. Days like these makes a girl miss good ol' New York.


Saturday - David's big day.  This boy sure knows how to make a room full of his relatives cry.  Danielle, mom, and I were pretty much in tears once the speeches started.  We couldn't be prouder of him.  It feels like yesterday that he was strapped in his car and I was painting those little baby fingers of his!  We left the ceremony and headed back to the Archer’s so we could change (it was about 60 and rainy) and Uncle Tom even made a fire for me since I was freezing.  We headed out to his graduation party and had a great time with family and friends.  Side note: David’s dog is hilarious…Off for a quick visit at a friend’s birthday party and then home again.  

Sunday – Back on the plane at 8 a.m. and headed home.  What a weekend!


More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment